Tuesday, December 20, 2011

That's Intense....

"Sometimes we forget that's Gods grace and forgiveness is as INTENSE [if not more] than how intense we THINK our sins are" 

WAPAW!  That was the sound of that statement slapping me upside the head.  Who has 2 thumbs and was taking the truth of that statement for granted?  This girl!  On Sunday, my lifegroup had a discussion about worldly peace vs. peace that God brings and one of my friends said this.
The world easily helps us forget that our standing with God and his forgiveness is not based on anything we have done, are doing, or will do.  It's based of what HE has done.  How easily we hear that  statement and say "Ya I know"  but really do you???   Just take a minute and think about that statement.


That way of thinking is soo beyond the realm of human understanding, the closest replica we have of that relationship is the love a parent has for their child(which has the meaning for me now that I am a parent). 
This also made me think about a friend of mine from high School that I was recently talking to.  This friend has had hard year and I have told him many times that I would be praying for him and asked him what he believes.  He said that He feels like he has asked God for forgiveness from his sins but he cannot(my friend) understand how God would forgive him when he cannot forgive himself.  I told him that is was all part of God's beautiful mystery.  That;s our human way of trying to understand, but its way more intense than we can imagine................

No comments:

Post a Comment